Kimi moved to Reno, NV, with her family in 1956, where she grew up and attended local schools. A business opportunity drew her to the Carson Valley in 1990, where she has lived and worked since. Kimi has four adult children and eight grandchildren.
In 2009, Kimi decided she could no longer remain politically passive.
Many challenges faced the US and the world. She jumped on board with the Democratic Party becoming very active with the 2012 Obama Campaign. Then in March 2013, she was elected Chair of Douglas County Democrats, and subsequently re-elected to her second term as Chair in March 2015.
Kimi is openly transgender and has worked with various legislators, seeking LGBTQ-positive improvements in areas of fair and equal treatment. Additionally, working closely with PFLAG, an advocating outreach organization, Kimi has had experience presenting to educators, medical professionals and community service organizations.
Her committed goals are to inspire more active involvement of Nevada voters, and to continue raising positive awareness of ALL diversity communities.
- Chairperson, Douglas County Democrats Central Committee, 2/2013- present
- President, Nevada Stonewall Democratic Caucus, 6/2014- 5/2015
- Call Center Manager- International Sales, 2007- present
- Owner, Cole Tools , 1995 – Present
- Director, US Operations, Concorde Tool Corp, 1995-1998
- Rapport Leadership International, Master Graduate, 1994
Let us know your thoughts and plans that you feel will best help move the Democratic Party forward.